[FFmpeg-devel] manual translated to portuguese

Ramiro Polla ramiro.polla
Mon Aug 18 18:18:49 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 1:07 PM, flavio <qazav3.0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Don't worry. In case the translation can't get official or distributed
> within the software, the link could be a good option. I could then check
> every now and them for updates and change the pt_BR file. If there is a
> system of telling when there has been an update, we may eventually test if I
> can keep up with it and, when you're ready, we merge.

Subscribe to ffmpeg-cvslog and look for commits changing the
documentation. I would say it's a good idea to have the revision
number written in the translated documentations. So that whenever
someone decides to update, she can go through knowing what changed.
Also users reading the documentation have it stamped somewhere that
the documentation they're reading is good only for a certain revision.
About actually having the translated documentation in FFmpeg-SVN, I
don't have much of an opinion since it's Diego's field (and I imagine
that if/when we get other translations people will want to modify the
build system to build a certain translation...)

>  I am, however, skeptic of a team of translators because here in Brazil we
> have many people that use free-software, one or two that will do hard work
> that is not related to coding

> (those that do coding won't do anything
> related to multimedia here).

I disagree =)