[FFmpeg-devel] MMS patch status?

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Tue Aug 19 20:14:53 CEST 2008

Hi,

figured I'd open an old can of worms, what's the status of $subj? I've
got time and experience doing it for RTSP/rm, but can't remember the
MMS specifics. Besides, I like Michael's new way of committing
subparts and think it'd help getting this stuff commited (in small
chunks) faster than previously.

>From what I remember, MMS was reimplemented as a protocol (which is
probably not smart, in hindsight) and needed to implement AVStreams
for all possible substreams or so? There's too many emails in google
so I can't remember. Are there most-recent patches for mms as AVFormat
and AVProtocol available somewhere? Was anything ever committed? Also,
is it still a state machine or was it rewritten as a
non-state-machine? Would it be OK if I take the old AVFormat approach
and try to work on this?

Thanks,
Ronald