[FFmpeg-devel] Dirac patch

Anuradha Suraparaju anuradha
Fri Aug 22 03:56:15 CEST 2008

Hello Selva,

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 22:53 +0530, selva wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am at present working on building  support for Dirac in ogg container.
> There  exist a patch for ffmpeg  for supporting  Dirac
> ffmpegsvn_trunk_revision_11612-dirac-0.9.x.patch.tar.  In the read me of the
> patch the following line is present .
>
> " 3. Download ffmpeg svn revision 11612 "
>
> The current verion of the ffmpeg  Revision: 14777 .  my question is has the
> patch been integrated into ffmpeg  ?
> Can start developing using the latest version
Support for Dirac using Schroedinger libraries and Dirac libraries has
been integrated into FFmpeg. For enabling Dirac support in FFmpeg

1. Build and install Schroedinger (for quick decoding)

2. Build and install the Dirac research libraries (for high quality
encoding).

You can download the latest source for Dirac and Schroedinger from the
git repositories at diracvideo.org/git.

3. Configure FFmpeg to enable Schro and Dirac support

./configure --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libdirac

If both libdirac and libschroedinger are enabled,  then,  by default,
Dirac encoder is used for encoding and Schroedinger is used for
decoding.

More info on the Dirac and Schro projects can be found at
http://diracvideo.org/ and
http://diracvideo.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

> regards,
> selva