[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] avcodec_check_constraints() implementation

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Sat Aug 23 17:02:34 CEST 2008

On date Friday 2008-08-22 23:49:07 +0200, Stefano Sabatini encoded:
> Hi all,
>
> this is more an RFC than a patch, since I didn't test it accurately,
> and also I'm not sure about the best interface to adopt, so I'm
> posting it here only to check for the interest in this feature before
> to spend more time for refining it.
>
> This function (to eventually integrate in avcodec_open() as in the
> patch) should help both factorize some code common to different codecs
> and improve the feedback to the user when the parameters set are not
> valid, telling explicitely which are the valid ones if they're known.
>
> Let me know if you're interested.

Fixed some bugs which caused crashes (there is still a problem which
cause it to break regression test).

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Funny Faboulous Magical Power Extreme Gadget