[FFmpeg-devel] m1v support in ffmpeg libavformat/mov.c

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Sat Aug 23 18:47:29 CEST 2008

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 11:04:56AM +0200, Reimar Doeffinger wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 04:56:06PM -0700, Gordon McCreight wrote:
>>> I have an example file, and have made some changes to the
>>> libavformat/mov.c source to allow for the processing of the file.  The
>>> file now processes, however, the stream codec framerate differs
>>> significantly from the container framerate, so the output video
>>> appears very short.
>> Which frame rate is the right one? The container or the stream one?
>> So far the policy is to assume that the container is always right
>> (though I do not know if it alway followed properly) -
>
>> for the other case it is still possible to just dump the raw video
>> stream and remux it again or some such.
>
> its even easier -f mpegvideo -i file.mov
>
> besides what is the output of ffmpeg with that patch and that file
> with -v 9
> (that would contain information like the framerates and such)

This wouldn't work if file has one jpeg as poster I think...

Anyway this can be added, but size of the packet must be checked before
IMHO because it may be _huge_ if it is the whole movie, 'm1a' was less
problematic.

Smartjog USA Inc.                                http://www.smartjog.com