[FFmpeg-devel] Realmedia patch

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Sun Aug 24 22:44:16 CEST 2008

Hi Luca,

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> wrote:
> Luca Abeni wrote:
> [...]
>> trying to
>> understand a protocol by looking at wireshark traces and at the code
>> is not too simple (everything would be simpler if RDT was documented).
>
> BTW: it looks like the
> rtsp://helix1.smgradio.com/encoder/VirginRadioAAC.rm
> stream disappeared. The server now answers the "DESCRIBE" command with
> "RTSP/1.0 404 Not Found".

Same thing here, I'm currently working on something else but will try
to search for a new working stream next week. I'm hoping Virgin is
just temporarily offline and will work again in a few days.

> Anyway, do you know about any other working stream?
> I searched for some real RTSP streams, and I found
> rtsp://mm3.rai.it/clip1/radio2/milano/caterpillar/audio/2008/musica_arco_2008_06_03.ra
> but the server answers the "SETUP" command with
> "RTSP/1.0 461 Unsupported Transport"

That means TCP vs. UDP autoselection failed. There is some protocol
handling code in make_setup_request() (search for "461"), maybe you
could optimize that?

Ronald