[FFmpeg-devel] Issues with ljpeg

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Thu Aug 28 09:01:38 CEST 2008

On date Thursday 2008-08-28 02:58:10 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 08:00:43PM -0400, compn wrote:
[...]
> > it must be something when one ffmpeg developer has to convince
> > other ffmpeg developers that a decoder/encoder actually exists...
>
> yes, everyone except me is stupid ;)
>
> our mjpeg decoder decodes ljpeg, similarly we DO have a h263p decoder
> and a MPEG audio layer 1 decoder,
> we also have vob, vcd and svcd demuxers, none of them is listed, i dont
> know why this is suddenly confusing people, its not new at all ...
[...]

It would be nice anyway to export that information to the user, I mean
in the case an X decoder provide support for many formats (this is
another problem of the a-codec-is-not-a-stream-format issue).

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Foolish & Frightening Mythic Portentous Eretic Guide