[FFmpeg-devel] DVCPRO HD: request for review

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Aug 29 20:20:09 CEST 2008

Hi

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 09:54:25AM -0700, Roman V. Shaposhnik wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 05:52 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > > I'll commit everything today and this piece
> >
> > Iam not sure if this and your commit of 170k of unapproved code is a joke.
> > If it is, i do not like you humor.
>
> No it isn't. It is an honest attempt to continue as a DV maintainer.
>
> > Please revert it and commit the parts that have been approved cleanly
> > in several seperate commits.
>
> No. And if treating maintainers in this manner is your kind of humor
> I don't think I appreciate it either. Moreover, this is not the first
> time when you ridicule me after I honestly tried to work all the issues
> with you and had an impression that they were all resolved. I do have
> commitments as far as DVCPRO HD is concerned so I'm willing to tolerate

And about you being DV maintainer, yes you are and the files are your
territory but this is not about a technical disagreement how to do something,
or about the style of the code in that case of course all power to you.

If you would have said you want these tables in svn things would have been
different, but you rather said "I do have commitments" and that you
will maybe clean it up later when it is in svn.

So i ask again, where is that prommised cleanup? When will it happen?
Besides of course the commit could and should have been split.
But in this case iam more concerned about the huge (and unneeded) tables
than the spliting. That if you insist on not doing it ...

-- Albert Einstein