[FFmpeg-devel] Realmedia patch
Ronald S. Bultje
Sun Aug 31 06:27:13 CEST 2008
On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 3:03 AM, Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> wrote:
> Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
>>> stream disappeared. The server now answers the "DESCRIBE" command with
>>> "RTSP/1.0 404 Not Found".
>> rtsp://126.96.36.199:7070/broadcast/kamu-fm works for me. (Once this
>> stuff is in svn I'll work to get failing streams running also, but
>> I'll first try to get in what works, is that OK?)
> Ok for me (if an explicit error message is generated when unsupported
> streams are found... Right now, the rtsp demuxer seems to continuously
> parse incoming packets, silently failing without generating any output...
> As a result, ffplay stalls).
> Of course, we need Michael's and Luca B's opinions about this.
Just wanted to get back to this one.
I tested several of the streams that originally failed and now work.
There's two reasons why it would fail:
1: the OpaqueData can apparently have two layouts: either MLTI and
then an array of (.ra5) MDPR chunks, or a single MDPR chunk (starting
with '.', 'r', 'a', 0xfd, the old .ra4 audio header). I implemented
support for this locally and will update when the other patches are in
(it's just a few lines).
2: codec - one .ra4 stream I found uses the "SIPR" codec, which (I
think) is a codec for which no free software implementation exists,
and the rm demuxer doesn't recognize it. Mplayer uses dlls for that.
In these cases, ffplay tries to play it anyway and stalls, I think
that's an ffplay bug. Anyone want to write a codec for this or fix
More information about the ffmpeg-devel