[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Applying trivial things vs. sending patches.

Diego Biurrun diego
Sun Aug 31 15:39:11 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 12:57:42AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> As the question of applying trivial things (typos, trivial optimizations,
> simplifications, ...) occasionally causes fights and flames i propose here
> the heal all ill solution ;)
>
> What about,
> Everyone who is ok with or is especially not ok with some things being
> directly commited to his code, should say so clearly in the MAINTAINERS
> file.
> That way we can on one hand avoid sending unneeded patches while OTOH
> avoid angering each other unintentionally, as has happened in the past
> already.
>
> comments, flames, death threats?

I'm very much in favor of sending less patches and handling
maintainership in a less strict way.  I have always encouraged this for
the areas I work on.  You can always complain on -cvslog and have things
changed or reverted afterwards.  It should not be a big deal.

Diego