[FFmpeg-devel] DVCPRO HD: request for review

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Aug 31 21:33:32 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 06:35:34PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:

> >> But not with just following the commit-log mailing list, which is the
> >> primary way (or one of the primary ways) past changes are tracked and
> >> investigated around here.
> >
> > To make this more clear: If it is not easy to follow/understand in the
> > way it arrives on -cvslog basically no-one will do it, IMHO loosing most
> > of the benefit of developing as "Open Source" (not that I expect
> > everyone to agree on this point).
>
> We can easily change the commit emails to use diff -w, if that's what
> people want.

That way someone could (unintentionally) randomize indention and move us
a step closer to mplayer.c style without anyone noticing

Complexity theory is the science of finding the exact solution to an
approximation. Benchmarking OTOH is finding an approximation of the exact