[FFmpeg-devel] Files crashing FFmpeg

compn tempn
Wed Dec 3 17:47:50 CET 2008

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 09:57:30 +0100, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
>Mike Melanson wrote:
>> Mike Melanson wrote:

>>> I should be able to come up with a tool. It's what I do these days.
>>>

>> I finally downloaded and processed as many as I could. I was able to
>> obtain about 4400 of the original 5100+ samples. Initial results
>> indicate that more than half (2316) of the samples return 0 when fed
>> into FFmpeg. I construe that to mean that those samples now work. I will
>> have a more detailed breakdown of the problems in the next few days.
>>
>> I also learned that FFmpeg can bring Mac OS X to its knees.
>>

>Goodie. Here comes a list of the most uncommon files (video codecs)
>found by Picsearch.
>
>http://tranquillity.ath.cx/uncommon_video_codecs_final.txt
>http://tranquillity.ath.cx/codecs.txt

this is quite a list! be sure to thank them for the excellent samples.

i've started going thru the list, and testing the files against
mplayer/ffmpeg. i'll add the avi fourccs' to riff.c.

there are odd mov/mp4/m4v files on there which have a bunch of video
streams with the atoms as fourccs, i'm not sure what to make of them.

the hdx4 avi files are flipped mpeg4, i'm not sure how to add that
fourcc to riff.c , or is it allowed to be flipped ?

-compn