[FFmpeg-devel] In Leopard library is broken if compiled with Tiger compatibility

Måns Rullgård mans
Sun Dec 7 15:16:38 CET 2008

?????????? ??????????? <panayotis at panayotis.com> writes:

> On 07 ??? 2008, at 3:30 ??, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>
>> ?????????? ??????????? <panayotis at panayotis.com>
>> writes:

>>> As most systems. Windows for example ;)
>>>
>>> Yes there is, I even included a proposed solution. If you don't want
>>> to do anything, even with a solution provided, it's another thing.
>>
>> What you suggested is not a solution.  It's an ugly hack that appears
>> to work for you.
>>
>> Can FFmpeg be built on an OSX 10.4 system?
>
> Ugly hack is the    #define _XOPEN_SOURCE 600

That is not a hack, that's what the SUSv3 standard says you must do.

> And this is what I was trying to avoid.

Why do you want to avoid following the standard?

> This should be really defined only for the systems that really need it

Strictly speaking, the systems that do *not* need that #define to
expose XSI extensions are in violation of the standard.

> (I think it's for windows only but I might be wrong).

You are very wrong.

> The correct should be something like
> #ifdef __WINDOWS__
> etc. but I don't really know which operating systems really need the
> mkstemp() function hack with this #define.

May I suggest you find out all the facts before offering your
opinions?

> About your question:  Yes it works,

That means FFmpeg is compatible with OSX 10.4, and the 10.4
compatibility in 10.5 is at fault.

> but it actually breaks compatibility issues with other OS X
> versions.  If you need more information I will be more than happy to
> explain the situation.

Humour me.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd