[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] FFmpeg icons

Daniel G. Taylor dan
Wed Dec 10 17:44:02 CET 2008

Hey Ramiro, M?ns,

On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 08:07 -0200, Ramiro Polla wrote:
> > Maybe it will look better if you reduce the line width for the 16x16
> > version.
>
> I'm horrible with those image editing programs. Can anyone with a
> little more expertise do this?

I've attached an svg where the logo is a single stroked line. You can
open an SVG editor like Inkscape and change the line width to do what
was suggested now! (in Inkscape: Shift-Ctrl-F, Stroke Style tab, Width
value)

> It'd be nice to have a centralized icon that other projects can use
> for FFmpeg, instead of creating their own. Also maybe some day in a
> distant future FFmpeg will support .rc files in Windows and could then
> use this icon.

I've also played a bit more in Inkscape and created a file icon for e.g.
ffmpeg preset or rc files based on the Tango icon theme and colors.
Attached is the svg and some png versions. The 16x16 was done by hand
(no svg since they tend to blur badly) and the 32x32 version was tweaked
after being exported to be a little crisper. Maybe these can also be
used in programs making use of ffmpeg and libav*?

Hope someone finds these useful,
--
Daniel G. Taylor
http://programmer-art.org