[FFmpeg-devel] NC4600 camera code

nicolas martin elvadrias
Sat Dec 13 14:10:28 CET 2008

> On date Friday 2008-12-12 22:01:34 -0500, nicolas martin encoded:
>> Humm ...
>> I would really like to but should i send a patch for every file I
>> modified ?
>
> svn is your friend (hint, a patch may contain more than one file
> diff). Also read *carefully* the patch submission guidelines which you
> can find here:
> http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/general.html#SEC26

Regarding those rules, I made a patch, but a lot of the changes are
wrong space indents ...
In the rules it is said to have 4 space indentation, in the svn code,
sometimes there are 5 ...
So the changes i have included are always enclosed in #ifdef
CONFIG_NC4600_DEMUXER

> FFmpeg devs here are very picky about those rules, so try to apply
> them
> scrupulously to save time both to you and to them.
>
> Also while you're at it try to be netiquette-friendly, in particular
> avoid to top-post:
>
>> Also to whom am I sending this patch ??
>
> This is the right place.
>
>> I'm enthousiast but not really aware :)
>
> You're welcome.
>
> [...]
>
> Regards.

Also it's my first time sending a patch, so I may be doing a lot of
things wrong but it will improve.
This patch is specifically to handle nc4600 camera feeds. The basic
difference with mpeg4 streams, is that for
every paquet the cameras sends, there is a 16 bytes header that says
the real mpeg4 paquet size.
I had to add few functions to get the size of the next paquet, and
handle the fact that you cannot directly copy data
from the packet buffer in get_partial_buffer ... in fact the header
has to be saved until there is 16 bytes, and then no
more than the size of the next *real* paquet should be copied.

I'm sure a lot of comments will be made, and I'll gladly accept them
to conform to them.
I hope changes can be added !

Thanks