[FFmpeg-devel] ebx_available check broken

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sun Dec 14 11:16:59 CET 2008

Hello,
currently the check for ebx_available is basically useless because it
1) runs before all compiler flags are determined
2) it does not take into account LIBOBJFLAGS - since all code that
actually depends on the flag is in the libraries that is quite stupid.
This in particular causes issues because PIC always gets enabled on
OpenBSD, but in principle it is also wrong for x86_64.

In addition, the yasm check duplicates the code to determine if PIC
should be used and does it in a slightly different way - in particular
it misses the OpenBSD special case and I guess it does not handle the
hardened compiler case right either.

I don't really know for sure how to solve them, configure is just too
messy there for me to fully understand how to organize things best.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger