[FFmpeg-devel] Testing VDPAU patch for h264 decoding

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sun Dec 14 19:21:11 CET 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 06:26:01PM +0100, Jean-Michel Pour? wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-12-14 at 09:21 -0800, Andreas wrote:
> > The vdpau patches (and some more info) can be found here:
> > ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/vdpau/
> > Discussions about vdpau are also going on at
> > http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/
>
> Thanks.
>
> I am interested in the h264 patch sent here on November 30 2008 and
> commented by core hackers. Also, I won't visit Nvidia forum, as I only
> trust development done in conjunction with ffmpeg-devel.

There is no "development done in conjunction with ffmpeg-devel" as of
yet, we have only given comments, partially out of curiosity and
partially to avoid needless effort due to approaches that will have a
very hard time getting accepted.
Not to mention that I don't quite see how you mean the "trust" part,
you already trust NVidia enough to run their code in kernel space but
don't trust enough to run a patch to a userspace application by a
developer that in contrast to the kernel module developers is even
very much "publicly visible"?
Anyway, the archives here http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/
and on gmane should contain all that stuff...

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger