[FFmpeg-devel] Testing VDPAU patch for h264 decoding

Jean-Michel Pouré jm
Sun Dec 14 20:51:31 CET 2008

On Sun, 2008-12-14 at 19:21 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Please note that no complete patch to decode H264 with VDPAU was ever
> sent to
> this list (I should know, I sent the patches).
> For the moment, use the MPlayer patches available from NVidia.

Thanks. So i will be waiting for your patch.

When ready, I will publish it on Kdenlive web page, here:
http://www.kdenlive.org/kdenlive-nvidia-vdpau-ffmpeg-patch

I would be interested in an implementation where we can switch from high
quality software h264 decoding to fast hardware untrusted decoding.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel