[FFmpeg-devel] FFMPEG fails to convert .mov - "Cannot allocate temp picture"

fcassia fcassia
Mon Dec 29 01:09:15 CET 2008

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 7:03 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

>>  >> [...]
>>  >>
> //tigani-mide.
>>
>> Your file is a reference file pointing to external file, however an
>> error occurs when opening external file. You should check the path and
>> access to '//tigani-mide.mov'.
>
> I'm not totally convinced that this is a complete analysis, but I rather think
> ffmpeg is missing something when reading this file (at least sound, but maybe
> also video).
> Did you test mplayer tigani-mide2.mov -demuxer mov ?
>
> Carl Eugen

Thanks Carl,

Im not encouraged to continue testing after the obvious disregard for
bug reports by the managers of this project. The "Working fine,
nothing to see, move along..." attitude is puzzling.

That s the trouble with Mac users, they feel that with its
single-digit market share the 90%+ of the world users must know about
the intrincacies and absurdities of Apple file formats, and that if
you request a nicer, more human-readable error message well, you need
to "learn something".

I'm done with this list...
FC