[FFmpeg-devel] [libav-user] Segmentation fault on avcodec_close()

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Wed Dec 31 00:39:11 CET 2008

On date Tuesday 2008-12-30 16:04:28 -0500, Franco Amato encoded:
> Hi to all,
> I'm writing a class for encoding audio/video.
> The problem comes when I release the codec with avcodec_close.
>
> I have as protected member of my class an audio stream
>
> protected:
> AVStream* m_audioStream;
>
> When I stop encoding I call the method CloseAudioEncoder so:
>
> MyClass::CloseAudioEncoder()
> {
>   avcodec_close(m_audioStream->codec); //<---- this give to me a
> segmentation fault error (detected with valdrind)
>   ...more code...
>
>  ...more code...
> }
>
> Can I have an help to solve my problem?

Sorry but this is more a libav-user request than an ffmpeg-devel one,
unless you can prove this is indeed a bug in ffmpeg rather than in
your code (and the informations you provided are definitively not
sufficient to prove it).

And gdb is your friend if you want to understand where the problem
occurrs.

Regards.