[FFmpeg-devel] Update on lbos

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Mon Feb 4 15:47:16 CET 2008

Hi Diego,

Diego Biurrun wrote:
[...]
> Here are some comments:
>
> In the Makefile there is
>
>> CFLAGS=$(OPTFLAGS) -I$(BUILD_ROOT) -I$(SRC_PATH)/include \
>>        -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_ISOC9X_SOURCE
>
> Hmm, are some of the -D flags gcc-specific?
Again, you are right... I just copied them from ffmpeg Makefiles (I
suspect that defining some constants will not break anything, but
I'll try to enable these defines only if gcc is detected).

>> libbrokenos$(LIBSUF): $(OBJS)
>> 	rm -f $@
>> 	$(AR) rc $@ $^
>> #	$(RANLIB) $@
>
> Why is this commented out?
Don't know ;-)
I am fixing it.

>> clean:
>> 	rm -f *.o *$(LIBSUF)
>
> Danger Will Robinson!!!
Thanks, I am fixing it

> Also, what is this PASCAL thing in netdb.h all about?
The problem is that mingw32's libraries provide getaddrinfo() and
friends, but those functions can be linked and used only if their
prototypes are defined as "PASCAL" (I suspect this means that those
functions use the pascal calling convention and not the C one).
And for some reason mingw32's headers do not do this...
As a result, the functions are in the libraries but they cannot
be linked.

So, I added the prototypes with the "PASCAL" qualifier (this allows
to use the "CONFIG_IPV6" code in mingw32), but this breaks the
compilation for non-win32 systems. Hence, I added
#ifndef __MINGW32__
#define PASCAL
#endif

If there is some smarter way to address this problem, let me know
and I'll modify the header.

			Thanks,
				Luca