[FFmpeg-devel] Update on lbos

Dave Yeo daveryeo
Thu Feb 7 04:17:27 CET 2008

On 02/05/08 11:45 pm, Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Dave Yeo wrote:
> [...]
>> Moving network.h results in build failure due to poll.h not being included.
>> Btw, should it not be sys/poll.h? Actually copying poll.h to sys/poll.h
>> and moving network.h does allow the build to finish.
>
> I think the real problem is that ffserver.c should include poll.h instead
> of sys/poll.h. I'll post a patch later.

>>> I suspect the configure script is missing some checks... Can you try
>>> using the attached configure and common.cfg? (also, remove the checks
>>> for socklen_t from ffmpeg's configure).
>> The attached configure and common.cfg didn't make any difference as far
>> as I can tell.
> Uhmm... I must have forgot something else. Can you send a build log?

How much of a build log would you like? Here is a snippet of ffserver

gcc -Ii:/usr/src/libbrokenos/include -Zomf -fomit-frame-pointer -g -Wall
-Wno-switch -Wdisabled-optimization -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls
-Wcast-qual -Wwrite-strings -O3 -I"/usr/src/ffmpeg" -I"/usr/src/ffmpeg"
-I"/usr/src/ffmpeg"/libavutil -I"/usr/src/ffmpeg"/libavcodec
-I"/usr/src/ffmpeg"/libavformat -I"/usr/src/ffmpeg"/libswscale
-I"/usr/src/ffmpeg"/libavdevice -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_ISOC9X_SOURCE -DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -c -o ffserver.o
ffserver.c
In file included from i:/usr/src/libbrokenos/include/unistd.h:1,
                  from ffserver.c:31:
i:/usr/src/libbrokenos/include/unistd_orig.h:338: warning: redundant
redeclaration of `_exit' in same scope
i:/usr/include/stdlib.h:431: warning: previous declaration of `_exit'
i:/usr/src/libbrokenos/include/unistd_orig.h:340: warning: redundant
redeclaration of `alarm' in same scope
i:/usr/include/stdlib.h:377: warning: previous declaration of `alarm'
i:/usr/src/libbrokenos/include/unistd_orig.h:341: warning: redundant
redeclaration of `chdir' in same scope
i:/usr/include/stdlib.h:379: warning: previous declaration of `chdir'

>> The redundant declarations come from there being lots of things declared
>> in unistd.h and various other headers. Removing
>> libbrokenos/include/unistd.h got rid of most of them
> This is strange... libbrokenos/include/unistd.h should only define usleep()
> and lseek() (if they are not defined already), and then include the original
> unistd.h... I only see two possible reasons for the warning you are seeing:
> - for some reason, configure wrongly defined LBOS_HAVE_USLEEP and / or LBOS_HAVE_LSEEK

 From os_config.h
#define ENABLE_GETNAMEINFO 0
#define LBOS_HAVE_USLEEP 1
#define ENABLE_USLEEP 1
#define LBOS_HAVE_LSEEK 1
#define ENABLE_LSEEK 1
#define ENABLE_POLL 0
#define LBOS_HAVE_FORK 1

> or
> - configure copied the wrong file in libbrokenos/include/unistd_orig.h
>
> Can you check if libbrokenos/include/unistd_orig.h is identical to the
> include/unistd.h file provided by your compiler?

Yes it is the same file.

>> though there is
>> still gethostid, soclose and gethostname getting picked up from both
>> unistd.h and libbrokenos/include/netdb(_orig).h.
> Uhmm... So they are defined in both the netdb.h and unistd.h files
> provided by your compiler? Or did configure copy the wrong files in
> *_orig.h?

No, they are defined in both netdb. and unistd.h. unistd.h has a comment
, Toolkit compatibility, so I assume that they are included to be
compatible with the OS/2 toolkit headers. It is possible to use the
toolkit headers and libs instead of the klibc ones.

http://svn.netlabs.org/libc

> 			Thanks,
> 				Luca

Dave