[FFmpeg-devel] New project using ffmpeg

Diego Biurrun diego
Fri Feb 8 02:22:09 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 08:50:50AM +0000, Cezary Falba wrote:

> On 5 Feb 2008, at 23:54, Diego Biurrun wrote:

>>> Off course Diego - I'm working on all of them. Mac version is mostly done
>>> and I'm finishing windows one.
>>> I just didn't want to bother you with incomplete stuff.
>>
>> Another two weeks have passed without news from you.  What's it going to
>> be?  Especially points 1 and 2 can be solved very quickly and are
>> essential to satisfy FFmpeg's licensing terms.
>>
>> It's soon going to be 5 months since we pointed all of this out to you
>> and you still do not comply with our license.  If this does not get
>> resolved shortly we will have to find other ways of dealing with you.
>> So far my patience has gotten me nowhere.
>
> Good morning Diego,
>
> I've just uploaded new versions of software and source codes.

http://s2.wap.filmnight.com/trailers/SaffronSetup0.3.3.exe

403 Permission denied

> Libamr is no longer used.
> Source codes now include FFmpeg source as well as x264 and lame (with a
> proper note on website).
> There is also information about confguration used and instructions how to
> make programs.

good

You also package FAAC and FAAD2 along with the Mac sources (apparently
without using them), but not with the Windows sources.  This is good
for what?

> Licences have been updated to GPL.

No, they have not.  Why do you say they have been updated when in fact
they have not been updated?

> OS X installer has bug but it's not me but XCode Package maker which thinks
> 4.11 is smaller than 4.6. I'm working on a workaround for that.

OK, I'll see if I can have somebody else test this.

> Please also note that this software may not be released as there is no
> longer need for it.
> And yes - I have read LGPL and GPL but please understand that I'm just a
> junior developer not a lawyer.

It's OK to be a junior developer, it's OK to make mistakes.  As the
saying goes "It's OK to make mistakes as long as they're *new* ones."

That said, this time around there has finally been some real progress.

Diego