[FFmpeg-devel] Patch - Allow disabling of bit reservoir when encoding MP3 audio

Paul Kelly paul
Sun Feb 10 21:23:58 CET 2008

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> The second patch is ok with the exception of the wmaenc change
> the first as well as the wmaenc change of the second is a bloated mess
> Code must always be as simple as possible for what it does, that is
> if(flag set) print warning. To do that one needs at a maximum 2 lines of
> code. You add 11:

It can't just print the warning, because there is an assert that will fail
later. But actually I'd rather not change the WMA stuff; it's not
important to me and I suppose it is not really needed until someone
implements the bit reservoir there anyway.

So can the patch go in without the WMA bits?