[FFmpeg-devel] transcoding on nvidia tesla

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon Feb 11 11:51:51 CET 2008

Hello,
On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 09:43:02AM +0100, christophelorenz wrote:
> Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
>
> > Sorry, but my desire for pain is fully fulfilled by working with this:
> >
> >http://www.ra.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/index.php?page=projects&id=htx
> >Though at least yours is software-programmable which at least removes
> >the pain of having to wait almost one hour before you can test on real
> >hardware...
> >

> lol !
> I heard of it some time ago...
> Have you used it for real ?

Yes, I am actually working on it right now, implementing an exact
floating point accumulator (700 bit).
Unfortunately I have yet to find someone who can give me real-world
examples that show that such a thing actually is useful at all :-)

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger