[FFmpeg-devel] Fix NTP time in RTCP SR packets

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Mon Feb 18 13:53:48 CET 2008

Hi Reimar,

Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 09:18:42AM +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
>> Summing up, an "av_gettime_more_secure() based" solution is ok in a large
>> number of cases, but not always...
>> I believe the AVFMT_FLAG_USE_TIME flag can solve the problem, but I do not
>> know if it is overkilling. What do you think about it?
>
> Maybe it does not matter much in this server case, but in general I
> think a flag to distinguish between the "I want to keep as many
> information/features as possible" and "I want to create a file I'd like
> to publish (almost) anonymously" modes of operation would be desirable.
> Though I admit I do not yet have a clear design in mind, and certainly
> not a good name...

I do not know much about the other information that users want to share,
so I have no better ideas too...
Maybe adding more AVFMT_FLAG_USE_* flags would be enough?
Anyway, I am only interested in the "NTP time" issue, so I am not going
to post more patches about these avformat flags (and since I did not
see any comments to my previous patch, I assume that maybe it is not
the way to go).

				Luca