[FFmpeg-devel] Stream h264 with FEC

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Feb 19 11:59:40 CET 2008

Hi all,

Fce.Valeins wrote:
> I have upload a sample file h264_rtp_stream_with_fec.raw in the ftp
> server upload.mplayerhq.hu.

Since I see the word "rtp" in it, I am interested in this sample...
But I do not know how to access samples stored in upload.mplayerhq.hu
(I tried to log on the ftp server and to do a "get h264_rtp_stream_with_fec.raw",
but it did not work). Is there a standard procedure to get such samples?

> This sample it's a dump stream of the iptv of Livebox in France with
> this command line :
>
> mplayer rtp://@232.0.1.17:8200 -dumpstream -dumpfile
> h264_rtp_stream_with_fec.raw

Dummy question: what does this command do? Just remove the RTP headers
and save the payloads in h264_rtp_stream_with_fec.raw? Does mplayer try
to check if packets are missed, by looking at the counter in the RTP
header?

> When I read (ffplay or mplayer svn) this file I have some artifacts
> especially when there are movements.

This generally happens when there are lost packets (movements increase
the bitrate, increasing the packet loss probability). But I am just
guessing...

> The stream of the Livebox is now broadcast in rtp h264 with a correction
> FEC.

I guess it is a TS with H.264 video in the video PID, right?
Anyway, I'll try to have a look at it if possible.

			Luca