[FFmpeg-devel] Stream h264 with FEC

Fce.Valeins fce.valeins
Tue Feb 19 15:32:08 CET 2008

You can download it here http://www.zshare.net/download/781125504afb51/

>> This sample it's a dump stream of the iptv of Livebox in France with
>> this command line :
>>
>> mplayer rtp://@232.0.1.17:8200 -dumpstream -dumpfile
>> h264_rtp_stream_with_fec.raw
>
> Dummy question: what does this command do? Just remove the RTP headers
> and save the payloads in h264_rtp_stream_with_fec.raw? Does mplayer try
> to check if packets are missed, by looking at the counter in the RTP
> header?

I don't know, I'm a newbie and it's the only way to save a stream that I
know

>> When I read (ffplay or mplayer svn) this file I have some artifacts
>> especially when there are movements.
>
> This generally happens when there are lost packets (movements increase
> the bitrate, increasing the packet loss probability). But I am just
> guessing...
>

>> The stream of the Livebox is now broadcast in rtp h264 with a correction
>> FEC.
>
> I guess it is a TS with H.264 video in the video PID, right?
> Anyway, I'll try to have a look at it if possible.

yes, with ffmpeg I have :
ffmpeg -i h264_rtp_stream_with_fec.raw
Input #0, mpegts, from '/home/henri/h264_rtp_stream_with_fec.raw':
  Duration: 00:00:14.7, start: 67274.017633, bitrate: 2110 kb/s
  Program 1017
    Stream #0.0[0x525]: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 128 kb/s
    Stream #0.1[0x4c1]: Video: h264, yuv420p, 544x576 [PAR 64:33 DAR
544:297], 25.00 tb(r)
Must supply at least one output file

Senufo