[FFmpeg-devel] new open source h.264 source

Mike Melanson mike
Wed Feb 20 23:14:37 CET 2008

mark cox wrote:
> From phoronix web site http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjM0MQ
>
> AMD Opens Up Their Performance Library
> Posted by Michael Larabel on February 20, 2008

>  The AMD Performance Library / Framewave covers a multitude of
> operations from simple math operations to media processing and
> optimizations for multi-core environments. Among the supported
> operations are H.264 video decoding. The Framewave project is housed
> over at SourceForge and at the AMD Developer Center.
>
> http://framewave.sourceforge.net/
>
> Licence is apache licence.

Wow, a catchy name for once.

So the Apache license 2.0 is GPL-compatible; I suspect that makes it
LGPL-compatible as well.

Question: Would it be a full Summer of Code project to reconcile
optimized functions with FFmpeg, or does that fall more into the
category of a qualification task?

:)

--
	-Mike Melanson