[FFmpeg-devel] new open source h.264 source

Alexander Strange astrange
Thu Feb 21 03:07:16 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 5:15 PM, mark cox
<melbournemark+ffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 9:04 AM, mark cox
>  <melbournemark+ffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > From phoronix web site http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjM0MQ
>  >
>  >  AMD Opens Up Their Performance Library
>  >  Posted by Michael Larabel on February 20, 2008
>  >

>  ~/svn$ svn co https://framewave.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/framewave/trunk
>  framewave
>
>  ~/svn/framewave/trunk/Framewave/domain/fwVideo/src$ ls -1
>  AANIDCT.cpp

This has an SSE2 IDCT (which looks like it was just transcribed from
x86-64 asm, so no macros or useful variable names). If it works well
with half the xmm registers, it might be nice.

I don't think AAN is the best IDCT algorithm, though - maybe it would
be better to port ppc/idct_altivec.c?

>  fwVideo.cpp
>  H264-CAVLC.cpp
>  H264-Deblock.cpp

I don't think this library is really useful without CABAC, but the
SSE2 deblocking might be helpful. The rest probably isn't worth
anything.