[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] drop support for using libav* compiled with mingw/cygwin in msvc

Måns Rullgård mans
Mon Feb 25 14:18:16 CET 2008

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> r12154 has as it seems broken the in the past supported use of
> mingw/cygwin compiled libav* in msvc. Also the change has increased
> code complexity and size.

Where is this increase in complexity and size?  Stop spreading FUD,
please.

> I was already mildly against this change
> before it was commited though i left it to mans to decide. Now as it
> breaks use of libav* under msvc iam more strongly against it ...
>
> Anyway, my vote is to revert it. Theres no advantage in this commit and
> it breaks what was supported and also documented as such in the docs.

The advantage has already been presented and agreed with by several
people.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com