[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] drop support for using libav* compiled with mingw/cygwin in msvc

Jeff Downs heydowns
Mon Feb 25 20:30:37 CET 2008

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

[...]

> Anyway, my vote is to revert it. Theres no advantage in this commit and
> it breaks what was supported and also documented as such in the docs.

I would rather see MSVC compatibility maintained as well.

Would something like this accomplish the original intent?

#define LIBAVUTIL_MAJOR 49
#define LIBAVUTIL_MINOR 6
#define LIBAVUTIL_PATCH 0
#define LIBAVUTIL_VERSION LIBAVUTIL_MAJOR ##.## \
                          LIBAVUTIL_MINOR ##.## \
                          LIBAVUTIL_PATCH
#define LIBAVUTIL_VERSION_INT ((LIBAVUTIL_MAJOR<<16)+ \
                               (LIBAVUTIL_MINOR<<8) + \
                                LIBAVUTIL_PATCH)

Works fine here with MSVC++ 2005.
Little more work for configure's get_version, though.

	-Jeff