[FFmpeg-devel] Google Summer of Code 2008

Benjamin Larsson banan
Tue Feb 26 15:00:23 CET 2008

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 01:43:54PM +0100, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
>
>> Andreas Setterlind wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>>>>

>>> I was think of basically just SSE4 versions of the existing MMX, SSE,
>>> SSE2, and SSE3 optimizations, such as:
>>> - Motion Compensation
>>> - iDCT
>>> - QPel
>>> - iDWT
>>> - MDCT and iMDCT
>>>

>> Any MDCT and iMDCT improvements will have to wait until after we have a
>> better/faster c implementation of the fft.
>>

> which brings us to the qualification task of implementing a beter c fft :)
>
> [...]

Well the author of djbfft is working on a new fft lib that will be
released to the public domain. I assume it will be based on this paper:

http://cr.yp.to/arith/tangentfft-20070919.pdf

So I'd prefer if we wait and see what happens with that.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson