[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] drop support for using libav* compiled with mingw/cygwin in msvc

Vitor Sessak vitor1001
Tue Feb 26 17:57:58 CET 2008

Hi

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> r12154 has as it seems broken the in the past supported use of
> mingw/cygwin compiled libav* in msvc. Also the change has increased
> code complexity and size. I was already mildly against this change
> before it was commited though i left it to mans to decide. Now as it
> breaks use of libav* under msvc iam more strongly against it ...
>
> Anyway, my vote is to revert it. Theres no advantage in this commit and
> it breaks what was supported and also documented as such in the docs.

I'm bringing this up again since I'm waiting it to be decided to add my
lavfi build changes (which introduces LIBAVFILTER_VERSION).

My vote is to keep lav* public headers compilable in as many compilers
as possible. As long as to revert it or to do something different, I'm
indifferent. I vote also to revert it if we don't get a consensus in two
days.

-Vitor