[FFmpeg-devel] DVD subtitles

Vitor Sessak vitor1001
Wed Feb 27 18:28:04 CET 2008

Hi

Erik Slagter wrote:
> Hi, it's me again ;-)
>
> As the AVFilter framework got merged recently,

Well, not yet completely. There is still graph parsing and ffmpeg.c
integration missing...

> it looks to me a perfect
> basis for a hardsub filter, it looks like there doesn't exist something
> like that yet(?).

No, there is not yet such a filter, but it is in the wishlist:
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Libavfilter#Feature_wish_list
. Actually, it shouldn't be too hard to add subtitles filtering support
to avfilter. For the hardsub filter implementation, there is quite a bit
of code that can be copied from ffplay.c.

I'm wondering if this would be a nice qualification task for 2008 SoC
(unless, of course, if you want to give it a try before).

-Vitor