[FFmpeg-devel] OSX Leopard MMX Support - Clarification ?

Diego Biurrun diego
Wed Feb 27 22:16:58 CET 2008

Note: The name of the project is FFmpeg, not FFMPeg.

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 07:33:32PM +0100, GizmoSDK wrote:

> 26 feb 2008 kl. 23.24 skrev Diego Biurrun:
>
> > On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:09:00PM +0100, GizmoSDK wrote:
> >> Is the FFMPeg project going to solve the mmx issue with leopard or
> >> will they require Apple to fix the compiler ?
> >
> > Most likely the latter.  Besides, I don't remember any real attempt to
> > solve the issue in another way.
> >
> > Do you know if Apple is already aware of the problem?
>
> Don't know really. I think that if the strategy for the FFMPeg is to
> create a platform independent API, they need to contact Apple to solve
> this problem and to have a development strategy to have equal or
> uniform feature and function between different platforms.
>
> It's no use in developing a toolkit for multiple platforms if the
> feature and function differs a lot.

We develop towards uniform and accepted standards.  Then platforms just
need to provide those standards and FFmpeg runs.  Problem solved.

Diego