[FFmpeg-devel] [flamefest-start] A little something on MMX/SSE intrinsics

Rich Felker dalias
Thu Feb 28 06:40:57 CET 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 12:29:58AM -0500, Compn wrote:
> >> If the trend in gcc code size keeps up, they won't be in the QM
> >> domain for quite some time to come.
> >
> >QM is not less true for large things, unless you want to claim that
> >gravitational interactions are becoming significant for gcc. In that
> >case we of course should apply general relativity. If so it would be
> >interresting to calculate how long it will take for it to collaps into
> >a black hole if its code size keeps growing ...
> >We probably should switch to a different compiler before that happens.
> >
> >[...]
>
> SOC project: get TinyCC to build ffmpeg 100%

Is this a project to modify ffmpeg or to modify tinycc? If the latter,
you should contact Rob Landley of uClibc/Busybox/etc. fame -- he's
taken up tinycc development since Fabrice went on to bigger and better
things like writing proprietary kernel modules.

Rich