[FFmpeg-devel] [qt-faststart] Ever get "could not allocate 0x14 byte for ftyp atom"?

Bjoern Metzdorf bm
Thu Feb 14 23:16:11 CET 2008

Kevin Campbell <kevin.t.campbell <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am checking with people to see if anyone has ever gotten this error after
> running qt-faststart.  I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out what
> the problem may be and wondered if anyone knew of a starting point.  I'll
> take anything!
>
> *Error:*
> *could not allocate 0x14 byte for ftyp atom*

Same problem here. Input mp4 is 40M big and qt-faststart takes all memory of the
machine and seems to run out of it then.. I tried nearly all revisions of
qt-faststart. r5169 instantly fails on my mp4 and from r5170 on this error
occurs after a while when memory is full.

Regards,
Bjoern