[FFmpeg-devel] Fix for drawtext under FreeBSD

Eduardo M. Bragatto eduardo
Wed Jan 2 17:50:23 CET 2008

V?ctor Paesa wrote:

> The vhook framework is deprecated but bug fixes are still accepted so
> please provide one patch in diff -Naur format for *all* the vhooks that
> set optind to zero.
>
> If no developer raises his voice against, I will apply it in a week.

Hi Victor,

thanks for your promptly reply. The only vhook that I could find such a
problem was drawtext.c, so here it goes the patch as you requested for
that file. I used the full checkout code from 2008-01-02 to create the
patch.

Btw, can you answer me a question? Why is vhook considered to be
deprecated at this time if the substitute (libavfilter) is not stable
yet? Wouldn't it make more sense to only mark vhook as deprecated after
having a stable substitute?

I'm just _asking_, I'm not suggesting anybody to change anything, I
already got pretty bad comments here while just trying to help.

Regards,
Eduardo M. Bragatto.