[FFmpeg-devel] packed rgb cropping patch

Vitor Sessak vitor1001
Wed Jan 2 20:35:18 CET 2008

Hi

Teemu Keinonen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I made small change to libavcodec/imgconvert.c to support cropping of packed
> RGB images. I need a pointer to how to make a patch or such is this is accepted.

First of all, install a SVN client if you don't have one already (google
for it) and fetch the latest FFmpeg version from SVN (go to
http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/download.html to see how).

Then, make your changes and use the command (in the ffmpeg/ dir)

svn diff > name.diff

to make the patch.

Don't forget to open name.diff in a text editor to check if you're
changing anything you don't want to by accident. Finally, see
http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/general.html#SEC25 .

Sorry if it looks complicated, but it's simpler than it looks like...

-Vitor