[FFmpeg-devel] vorbis_dec.c on sh4 architecture : floating point exception

Balatoni Denes dbalatoni
Thu Jan 3 01:29:30 CET 2008

Hi!

> On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 02:45:51PM +0100, Vincent Penn? wrote:
> > It appears that some floating point arrays aren't initialized to any
> > specific value at allocation time in "vorbis_parse_id_hdr" function,
> > introducing random and possibly invalid floating point values.
> > (apparently , sh4 is a bit touchy with invalid floating values)
> >
> > Turning the av_malloc calls into av_mallocz calls fixes the problem. As
> > it is initialisation code, there should be no impact on performance.

I think channel_residues and channel_floors are memset 0 at an other point.
ret, buf and buf_tmp should be written to before reading (if read at all in
vorbis_dec). However "saved" is read before written - so
could you try only setting the "saved" buffer to zero, if that fixes the
problem?
If it does, than that is a change fit for svn imo.

bye
Denes