[FFmpeg-devel] switching to git - eventually?

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Fri Jan 11 22:59:25 CET 2008

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 09:58:19AM +0000, Robert Swain wrote:
> > Hello,

> > > providing some idiot proof docs on how to set up git-svn with
> > > working push to svn would surely help here ...
> >
> > Indeed. I have had to make a set of incremental, dependent patches
> > (i.e. apply them in order) myself and I decided to take the
> > opportunity to look at git. In some situations its a bit awkward but
> > here are some notes I made. I also have a query about the desired
> > format of diffs that I will elaborate after the notes.
> >
> > (note: commands prefixed with $)
> >
> > initial checkout:
> > $ git-clone git://git.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg ffmpeg-git
>
> as other have already said, this one doesnt allow you to push changes
> to svn.

It doesn't even allow to compile the grabbed sources (due to the lack
of libswcale). So IMO, pushing changes to svn is of little relevance
(unless you consider pushing changes not even test compiled is OK).

Aurel