[FFmpeg-devel] Support for generating avm2 compatible swf files

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Tue Jan 15 12:05:26 CET 2008

Hi,

Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Tuesday 2008-01-15 11:04:59 +0100, Baptiste Coudurier encoded:
>> Hi
>>
>> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>> ?

>>> adding a new dummy format for every little changed parameter is not acceptable
>> I tend to agree here, though we got some dummy formats like 3g2, and Im
>> thinking about a "flavour"/"brand"/"version" (people please say
>> whichever you prefer or suggest a better one) field to AVFormatContext,
>> which could be used for swf and or mp4/3gp (ftyp).
>>
>> What do you think about that ?
> [...]
>
> Also I would like something similiar for every AV stream format
> for which is supported encoding or decoding, to be displayed for
> example with ffmpeg -formats, showing a more verbose description of
> it, similiar to the long_name field of AV{Input,Output}Format.
>
> For example:
> flv -> Flash Video Codec
> wmv1 -> Windows Media Video Codec version X
> H264 -> H264 aka Advanced Video Codec aka AVC aka JVC aka Mpeg4 part 10
>
> Also libavformat solution is not ideal since it requires to define
> such field for both muxer and demuxer, and is prone to
> inconsistencies.
>
> A better idea would be to create a new structure for every
> AV stream format identified by an id, containing this description,
> referenced by both encoder(s) and decoder(s).
>
> What do you guys think about it?

Which problem are you addressing here ? I don't really see.

I don't think what you propose has anything related to the swf version
problem.

Furthermore, what are you refering to with "AV stream format" ? It would
be more AVStream in libavformat, or AVCodec in libavcodec maybe ?

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312