[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg on SH4

Tino Motta tinomotta
Wed Jan 16 17:53:04 CET 2008

Hello everybody,

We are working in crosscompiling the ffmpeg libs over an sh4 platform using
the sh4-linux tools available  from stlinux site, and the e-mails exchanged
in december were very useful in obtaining a running test executable.

Now, cause we need only the functions contained in libavformat, we are
trying to link only that library to our code, but it seems to us that it's
too difficult (or impossible) to split libavformat from libavcodec.

We read some thread regarding a similar issue, but really we needs to
compile only the functions from avcodec that are needed by avformat.

we tried to disable all the encoders and decoders with configure, but the
library file (stripped) is of about 1.4MB, that is a bit too large for an
embedded platform.

Have someone any ideas on how this library can be made smaller?