[FFmpeg-devel] patch for DCA "floating point output" option

madshi dear
Sat Jan 19 16:19:06 CET 2008

M?ns Rullg?rd schrieb:
> madshi <dear at madshi.net> writes:
>

>> Not sure whether the DCA maintainers will like this patch. But maybe
>> they will, so I'm posting it here just in case.
>>
>> This patch adds optional floating point output to the DCA
>> decoder. This optional feature must be enabled at compile time by
>> adding the following switch to config.h:
>>
>> #define CONFIG_AUDIO_NONSHORT 1
>>
>> I'm using this solution in my eac3to tool because 16bit PCM just
>> doesn't cut it for a good audio transcoding tool. The idea for this
>> option comes from the MLP/TrueHD decoder which offers a similar
>> feature.
>>
>> +#ifdef CONFIG_AUDIO_NONSHORT
>>

> That's a rather useless name.  Can't you think of anything better?

It was not my idea. The same constant is already used by the
MLP/TrueHD decoder. I thought that it doesn't make sense to
use a different name for every decoder...

Besides, I don't think that the name is useless. Currently the decoders
all output "short" samples (shorter than they should be). "non short"
simply means that the decoders stop shorten the audio samples.

Whatever, any name is fine with me. Just let's use the same
constant name for all decoders, please.

madshi.