[FFmpeg-devel] patch for DCA "floating point output" option

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Sat Jan 19 17:44:04 CET 2008

Hi,

On Jan 19, 2008 10:19 AM, madshi <dear at madshi.net> wrote:

> Besides, I don't think that the name is useless. Currently the decoders
> all output "short" samples (shorter than they should be). "non short"
> simply means that the decoders stop shorten the audio samples.

So, video can "negotiate" an output (at least some decoders can), why can't
audio do that? Why do we need a compile option if it could be chosen at
runtime within the decoder (isn't that what enum SampleFormat is for?).

Ronald