[FFmpeg-devel] more colourspace confusion

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon Jan 21 23:10:44 CET 2008

Hello,
can someone explain to me the reasoning behind isRGB/isBGR in
libswscale/swscale_internal.h ? It does not make much sense to me and I
am now fairly convinced it breaks conversion to rgb/bgr 15/16/8/4, by
construction the table wrongly in yuv2rgb.c, yuv2rgb_c_init_tables,
around line 786.
Also this:
> case PIX_FMT_BGR565: return yuv420_rgb16_MMX2;
in the same file is at least horribly confusing, possibly even wrong.
There is still a bug somewhere that shows with
mplayer -vf scale,format=rgb16 -vo gl
, and I am fairly certain it is not in vo_gl and those errors in
MPlayer's fmt-conversion.h I already fixed locally (that change is
actually what causes the problems but there I am also fairly certain
they are correct...)
Someone please help me find the way out of this mess! :-)

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger