[FFmpeg-devel] Decoding extended profile of H.264 using mpeg

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Jan 22 19:07:14 CET 2008

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 09:18:02AM -0800, Tom Winter wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am trying to decode an H.264 steam coded with extended profile with
> Flexible Macro block ordering and Data partition enabled. But I was unable

FMO is not supported and will not be supported unless it is used in practice
or supporting it turns out to be simple and clean.

either way you would have to implement it and send a patch ...
data partitioning is more interresting but again, if you want/need it send a
patch

If a bugfix only changes things apparently unrelated to the bug with no
further explanation, that is a good sign that the bugfix is wrong.