[FFmpeg-devel] Filtering clueless-user spam from the lists

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi
Wed Jan 23 09:52:10 CET 2008

Il Wednesday 23 January 2008 01:43:35 Rich Felker ha scritto:
> I'm wondering if we could implement a few idiot-proofing filters
> for the ffmpeg lists to keep annoyances down. Some ideas to
> auto-reject:
>
> - Mail cross-posted to more than one ffmpeg list
>   (annoying user questions cross-posted to devel list)
>
> - Mail with Re: in subject but no In-Reply-To: header
>   (broken threading)
>
> - Mail without Re: in subject but containing In-Reply-To: header
>   (thread hijacking)
>
> All of these are trivial procmail recipes.
>
> Rich

IMO add discarding outlook users. Using outlook already indicates
a *proven* attitude to post messages in the wrong way.
Many other mail clients don't require admin permissions to install and
run, so there's no excuse to post here using outlook.