[FFmpeg-devel] Filtering clueless-user spam from the lists

Rich Felker dalias
Wed Jan 23 21:06:57 CET 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 09:36:37PM +0100, Balatoni Denes wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Wednesday 23 January 2008 02:07-kor Rich Felker ezt ?rta:

> > > yes, and ive even volunteered to write these recipes at some point in the
> > > past
> >
> > Will these work?
>
> I think this is not enough. The only solution is an FFmpeg SWAT team, that
> constatntly monitors the lists, finds any offenders, and physically
> eliminates them. There really is no other solution to a problem of such
> proprortions (remember, we are talking about AT LEAST 1 occurence every week
> here).
>
> I think this can be financed from the donations to ffmpeg.

As humorous as this idea is, broken threading and thread hijacking are
100% detectable algorithmically. We can leave the SWAT team the
tougher tasks that actually require human intervention. :)

Rich